CG Member's Covenant
Community Group Member Covenant
Group Purpose: To grow in my relationship with God and others.
As a group, we agree to the following 7 disciplines:
1. ATTENDANCE: To give priority to the group meeting. Honor the others in your group by calling when absent or late.
2. SAFETY: To create a safe place where people can be heard.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY: To keep anything that is shared strictly confidential. What’s said in the group stays in the group.
4. ACCOUNTABILITY: To give permission to group members to hold us accountable to the goals we set for ourselves.
5. ASSIMILATION: To keep the door open to others in our church and community (unconnected people) who need groups like you do.
6. SCRIPTURE: While everyone’s thoughts and opinions are valuable and encouraged, we will ultimately rely on the truth of Scripture as our final authority.
7. GROWTH & MULTIPLICATION: Healthy communities grow as they extend invitations to their friends. At a designated date, we will seek to multiply the group’s influence by releasing new leaders and starting one or more new groups.
8. Guidance: Community Groups operate under the guidance and authority of the leadership at Dublin Bible Church.
I covenant together with the other members of this group to honor this agreement.